A pediatric dentist or orthodontist near you can help calm your child’s fears – and yours, too! Your best pediatric orthodontist near me will help you overcome any concerns about past bad experiences and use their skills to help your child not only have a good-looking smile but one that means their teeth are properly aligned and their jaw works as it should.
So why should you choose a pediatric orthodontist near me? You may have noticed that your child has an overbite, an underbite, cross-bite, crooked teeth, or crowded teeth. This can be treated with braces and orthodontic appliances. The good part is, the bones in your child’s head and jaw are not fully formed yet so any treatment has a great degree of success.
- If your child’s teeth are causing them some speech issues, this may also get corrected by orthodontic appliances. By bringing the teeth into their proper alignment, the tongue will be able to meet the teeth correctly and lisps or other speech impediments are improved.
- Generally speaking, braces will not be put on a child who is younger than seven. That said, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends that your child’s first visit to an orthodontist happen at age seven. This is so your pediatric orthodontist near me can detect any potential issues that your child may have and coordinate a treatment plan accordingly.
- Age seven is important because your child’s first molars tend to come in then and your pediatric dentist will be able to see how their bite will develop. They can take proactive measures to make room for crowded teeth which also helps the adult teeth come in better.
It’s also possible that getting early orthodontic treatment may actually take care of all problems while your child is still young and they will never have to have treatment later on.
Who is a pediatric dentist?
A pediatric dentist is someone who has focused for additional 2 years on a child’s dental needs after completing dental school. A pediatric orthodontist near me in Biscayne Park FL 33161is someone who understands kids and what it takes for them to feel comfortable about their orthodontic treatment. And let’s face it, when our kids feel comfortable about something, we feel better, too.
Pediatric dentists think about all the ways they can help a child feel more at ease. Their offices are often painted in bright colors which appeal to kids and they may even have indoor play areas or video games to help kids take their mind off of their dental treatment appointment.
Paying for pediatric dentistry
You may wonder how you’re going to be able to pay for your child’s pediatric dentist. One thing you should do is contact your local pediatric dentist orthodontic specialists like Ivanov Orthodontic Experts and ask about a free initial consultation. This is a great way to learn whether your child needs braces or any other orthodontic appliances and also when they might need them. Some treatments are done when your child is still young while others are done in their teen years. At this free initial consultation, you’ll be able to learn what your child needs and when it will need to happen.
- You may find that your dental insurance plan provides you with at least partial if not complete orthodontic coverage for your child’s dental care. Knowing that their dental treatment may have some coverage helps you budget better. The office staff at your pediatric orthodontic specialists will be more than happy to go over all of your treatment payment options and work out a plan that fits your budget.
- Many locations will also take Medicaid or CHIP, both of which are programs that help provide medical insurance coverage for children, and in many cases, medically necessary orthodontic treatment is fully covered.
- Even if you don’t have any dental insurance, your pediatric orthodontist near me should be willing to work out a payment plan with you. Top-quality orthodontists like Ivanov Orthodontic Experts want to make sure that you get the treatment you need without the stress of worrying about how to pay for it.
- You may also have a health spending account through your work that will give you the ability to save money for medical expenses out of your paycheck and get reimbursed after the treatment is completed. Check with your benefits manager at your workplace to see if such a program is available.
Choosing a good pediatric orthodontist near me
Every orthodontist is a dentist first but not every pediatric dentist is also an orthodontist. Orthodontists go through additional training after dental school to learn about bite and jaw alignment issues. If they are also a pediatric orthodontist near me this means that they have additional training that allows them to focus just on kids.
The office can make all the difference between your child being anxious about going to their appointments and loving going to their appointments. Orthodontic specialists like Ivanov Orthodontic Experts in Biscayne Park FL 33161 offer just such an environment for dental treatment.
Caring for your teeth during orthodontic treatment
Another key component to your child’s overall oral health is not just their dental treatment but also their home care. They should get dental exams to make sure that everything is progressing correctly and also have their teeth professionally cleaned so they avoid any major dental issues like root canal infections or even abscesses in the jaw. These abscesses can even negatively affect their adult teeth that have yet to erupt.
Your pediatric dentist can also go over the best foods to eat while your child is getting orthodontic treatment. Things like whole apples and corn on the cob are usually off the list until their braces or orthodontic appliances come off. This is to protect the brackets and wires from damage. They will often provide other options like applesauce and frozen vegetables instead.
Brushing and flossing are still important and your pediatric dentist can go over how to do these while your child has orthodontic appliances. They may also recommend a water irrigation device which is great at getting food particles and dental plaque off the teeth and out from around the brackets.
All of these habits that your child forms early on as part of their child’s dental care will help them keep that beautiful smile for life.
IVANOV Orthodontic Experts, 12866 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami, FL 33181
Call us at (786) 540-1919 to schedule a free orthodontic exam.
Learn more about All About Your Best Pediatric Dentist and Orthodontist Near Me at https://ivanovortho.com/pediatric-dentist-orthodontist-near-me/