What are the Various Types of Braces, Including Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign is a clean and nearly flat option for correcting dental issues. Unlike braces with brackets and wires, you will have clear plastic trays that are custom-fit to you. You will work with an orthodontist who will use the Invisalign software to custom create your new smile. Every few weeks you will get your next set of aligners that will move your teeth into their new positions as long as you wear them the necessary 20 to 22 hours a day.
There are several kinds of braces that you can get. These include:
- Traditional metal braces made from stainless steel
- Advanced nitinol metal braces made for comfort
- Ceramic braces that are nearly undetectable
- Lingual braces that are affixed to the back of the teeth
- Clear aligner trays like Invisalign aligners that are almost completely invisible
Is Invisalign really better than braces?
In some ways, yes, they are. Metal or ceramic braces are best for correcting major issues like significant bite issues, major gaps, and very crooked teeth. Invisalign can help with correcting minor bite issues, especially overbites; crooked teeth; gapped teeth; and general dental issues. That said, Invisalign has a number of advantages.
- Aligners living with Invisalign are lightweight and slim-fitting. Braces are not large, but they do take up some space on the surface of the teeth and can rub against the inside of the lips and cheeks. Invisalign clear aligners are made of a very thin plastic that fits snugly against the teeth.
- They are removable. If you have a presentation to make at work or school, or you have some important photos to take, you can remove your Invisalign aligners during your event. They can also be taken out to eat, so you don’t end up with food particles getting stuck in them.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign has a number of benefits.
- It can treat most common orthodontic issues as effectively as braces can.
- Invisalign aligners cost about the same as traditional metal braces.
- They are thin and light-weight so you don’t even notice you are wearing them.
- You can remove them when you need to.
- They are easy to clean before you put them back in.
- Their transparent material means you can get a great smile and never even let on that you are getting orthodontic treatment.
Are Invisalign Braces Good?
Invisalign aligners are good! They are no more expensive than traditional metal braces and they work well on a host of orthodontic issues. Depending on what you need to have done, you may only have to wear them for 6 months. More advanced cases will require you to wear them for anywhere from 18 to 30 months. They are light and thin so they are comfortable to wear. And, they can be worn by teens up through any age of adulthood.
Invisalign Orthodontist Near Me
To find an Invisalign aligners orthodontist near you, you can do a little research online to find a list of providers near you, or you can use the handy doctor finder page on the Invisalign website. Once you have located a provider, you can then do a little more investigating to look at the ratings of the providers as well as look at before and after photos, so you can see what other patients experienced.
You really should then take advantage of any free initial consultation offers to meet the orthodontist in Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154 and the office staff. This is also when the orthodontist will use the digital scanner to scan your teeth and run that image though the ClinCheck software to create a plan. You will even get to see what your teeth will look like when you are done with your treatment.
Your Invisalign orthodontist can go over treatment plans with you so you can compare treatment options and select the right one for you.
Invisalign Dentist Near Me
Some dentists can prescribe Invisalign. You can check with your dentist to see if they are capable of working with Invisalign aligners. Otherwise, you can just visit your orthodontist in Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154.
Can you get Invisalign with crowns?
Generally speaking, yes, you can get Invisalign aligners with crowns. Where it might be more difficult is if you need to have the SmartForce attachments. They affix to the tooth to help the Invisalign aligners do more work on correcting bite issues. If you do need the SmartForce attachments your orthodontist will thoughtfully place them on the teeth that will do the best work and not harm your crowns.
You can still brush and floss like you always have with your crowns because the Invisalign aligners are removable.
Advantages of Invisalign over braces
Invisalign has a number of advantages over traditional braces.
- They are easier to keep clean because you can take them out when you eat. Then just rinse your teeth before putting the Invisalign aligners back in and you are good to go.
- They are convenient when you need to make a presentation or sit for photos. You can take out the aligners and then complete your task. Just be sure you put them back in! You need to wear them 20-22 hours a day in order to keep your treatment plan on track.
- They are lightweight and very thin so you don’t even really notice you are wearing them.
- Because they are so thin, you don’t have as much abrading of the inside of your mouth as you would with metal or ceramic braces.
IVANOV Orthodontic Experts, 12866 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami, FL 33181
Call us at (786) 540-1919 to schedule a free orthodontic exam.
Learn more about Dentists, Orthodontists, and Other Oral Health Care Providers at https://ivanovortho.com/how-to-fix-a-misaligned-jaw-jaw-alignment-braces-treatment-options/