Learn More About the Fastest Way To Straighten Your Teeth
The most common type of orthodontic treatment is the traditional metal braces. They are also the most affordable option. Depending on what else you do, they may or may not be the fastest option available to you. There are also clear aligners that you can use that might deliver results in as little as six months.
The fastest way to straighten your teeth
Whether you are a teenager who needs to make more room for their wisdom teeth or an adult who is finally in a position to get their teeth straightened, you might be in need of a way to correct the alignment of your teeth and jaw. There are several options available and you might have different criteria that you want to meet. You might want the least visible or maybe the fastest way to straighten your teeth. Everyone’s mouth is unique, and everyone’s needs are different. By working with your orthodontist near me, you can come up with the best solution for you.
Types of treatments
Typically when you think of ways to straighten your teeth, you think of wearing braces. There are major advances that have occurred in braces recently that can speed up even traditional metal braces. These are certainly the least expensive option and the most common.
Pretty much anyone who has a bite alignment problem, crooked teeth, gapped teeth, or twisted teeth is a good candidate for braces. Braces are also the most versatile option for people who have some significant issues, as some of the other options are far more limited in terms of what they can do.
There is also Invisalign. This is a great option for adults who want to straighten their teeth without making it quite so obvious that they are undertaking any sort of corrective action. And, it is one of the fastest ways to straighten teeth.
Other ways include:
- Veneers are made out of porcelain or acrylic and affixed to the teeth. These do not actually straighten teeth or close gaps so much as they cover over the issues. They can make teeth appear larger and that can help close any gaps. The natural tooth is ground smaller or roughed up before the veneer is applied, so this is how it can help correct crooked teeth. This is also known as cosmetic dentistry. It won’t be able to fix any bite issues, however. The last 10-15 years but maybe a bit more fragile than your natural teeth.
- Six-month smiles. This is a type of braces constructed of a clear bracket and nearly invisible wire that are ideal for straightening just the front teeth. As the name implies, they are able to straighten your front teeth in about six months.
As you can see, while these methods are certainly fast, they are more limited in what they can do. So you will certainly see results quickly, but they are not designed to be a comprehensive solution.
A closer look at Invisalign
Invisalign is a system of clear trays or retainers that work by applying gentle pressure to the teeth and move them into their new positions.
Because Invisalign is clear, it is nearly undetectable and because these trays can be removed for eating or cleaning, they are a very convenient option. The clear trays are replaced every few weeks with new ones. As long as you are diligent in remembering to put them back in after eating and wear them for the required 20-22 hours a day, you will see results pretty quickly. They have advanced in recent years and now allow for more types of treatment than the earlier versions could do.
Depending on your unique situation, you could end up with a new smile and straight teeth in as little as six months, though typical treatment times are longer, around two years. Most folks wear them for just over a year.
One added bonus, if you have an important event like a wedding or an important presentation, you don’t have to worry about how your teeth would look since you can remove the aligners.
Other types of Accelerated orthodontics
There are other options known as accelerated orthodontics to help speed up your treatment time.
- Propel amniocentesis – This is a treatment that is meant to encourage the production of the cytokines in the jaw and that will help the teeth move in the jaw better. You can do this on the full jaw or just certain teeth.
- There is a radical option of surgical removal of tissue from between the teeth that increases the ability of the teeth to move quickly through the matrix of the jaw. While this is faster, remember it is surgery and will have some recovery time associated with it.
- Another idea is called AcceleDent – This is a device that you wear for 20 minutes over the top of your braces and it applies pulsating pressure that helps increase the rate at which your teeth move. This can also be used in conjunction with Invisalign to help it be faster, too. How much faster? How does up to 50% faster sound?
One thing to keep in mind – these are new technologies and the long-term effects or impacts are not fully known. You should ask your orthodontist about his or her experience in using these options to speed up tooth movement and what kinds of responses they have received from their patients. You will need to evaluate the potential for elevated risks and see if it is worth it to you.
What else can you do?
There are a lot of things you can do at home to make sure that you help keep your orthodontic treatment on track. These include:
- Get any procedures done that you need to before you begin wearing braces or Invisalign
- Keep all of your orthodontic appointments
- Don’t do things that could damage your brackets or wires like eat hard candy or do contact sports without a mouthguard
- Use the little rubber bands or elastics you are given to go with your braces
- If you are using Invisalign, be sure you wear your trays for the requisite amount of time a day
- Keep your teeth and gums in good oral health. Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and also brush and floss your teeth twice a day
Whatever type of treatment you choose to get straight teeth, by asking questions of your orthodontist and letting him or she know if you have any special events coming up, you both can come up with the best and the fastest way to straighten your teeth. You have several options available to you, from braces to Invisalign to specialized treatments that can help boost the speed of other treatments. Your needs are unique, and you may have a lot of bite issues or crooked teeth that need to be corrected, and to do it right may take longer than someone else. Keeping up with good oral hygiene is also a key part of making sure your treatment time stays on track.
IVANOV Orthodontic Experts, 12866 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami, FL 33181
Call us at (786) 540-1919 to schedule a free orthodontic exam.
Learn more about Porcelain Crowns at https://ivanovortho.com/how-long-porcelain-crowns-last/