People now understand the importance of teeth cleaning, they try to take great care of teeth at home. Even after following oral care rules, they can have bacterias in their mouth. These bacterias mix with leftover particles of the food and stick to the teeth’ enamel. When they are left unnoticed the growth of bacteria can go further under your gum line and lead to oral cavities and gum diseases.
Sometimes even after doing brush and floss, the plaque builds up on teeth and if it is left there for too long, can turn into a hard substance called tartar. In the beginning, tartar is formed in yellow color, if left untreated, can turn into green, brown, or black tartar. Below the gum line, the color of the tartar is black.
What Is Tartar?
Tartar is a rough and porous substance, also known as calculus. It can form below and above the gum line. The dentists use a special dental appliance to remove the tartar from the teeth.
What is Black Tartar?
The bacteria grows around the gum line making a sticky and soft layer of plaque. It is a transparent film that should be removed by brushing and flossing. However, sometimes it remains there in the mouth for several days leading to a hard substance called calculus that needs professional teeth cleaning to be eliminated. Tartar’s color can be changed due to ingestion of dark beverages making tartar black in color. It can cause Black Teeth.
Main causes of forming Black Tartar on Teeth:
- Bleeding gums.
- Consistent ingestion of dark beverages.
- If the tartar has been on your teeth for a long time.
If it happens, people may notice Black Stains on Teeth making your overall appearance ugly.
How Does Black Tartar Affect Teeth and Gums?
The growth of tartar in your teeth causes difficulties in brushing and flossing. Improper teeth cleaning can cause tooth decay or oral cavity. The formation of any type of tartar in your teeth can cause irritation to your teeth ending in the damage of the gums.
How To Remove Black Tartar From Your Teeth?
If you have Black Stuff on Teeth, professional dentists can help you using the root and scaling procedure. Dentists use dental appliances like stainless steel scrapers and ultrasonic vibrations to eliminate tartar from your teeth and gums. Then, they will do dental polishing on your teeth making them shinier and smoother. This process also ensures that your tooth roots are smooth and your gums reattach after the procedure.
How to avoid dark spots on your teeth?
Tips to Help Control Black Tartar:
Marinating good oral hygiene is always the most recommended way to prevent the formation of tartar between your teeth. Some important suggestions are given below:
- Brush your teeth two times a day on a daily basis. Make sure that your technique is precise. You can use tartar control toothpaste. It is recommended to eliminate as much plaque as possible.
- Floss your teeth after every meal. You can also use a liquid base flosser to reach between your teeth and below the gum line. It will help remove irritants like food debris. It is also useful in reducing inflammation.
- Use an antiseptic mouth rinse for additional care. You can use an OTC antimicrobial mouth rinse to treat infection and hold the bacterial growth in your mouth.
- Visit a professional dentist on a regular basis, it can identify any developing condition at its initial stage and offer you a precise treatment fitting your condition.
When you notice a black tooth or black spot on your teeth, it is essential to get rid of such a situation immediately as severe oral complications can arise. Schedule an appointment with your dentist to get a white smile.