The best time to get braces for kids is between 10 and 14 years old. That is the time that they will have most if not all of their adult teeth in and their jaw is still growing. That said, anyone of any age can get braces and enjoy the health benefits that come with straighter teeth. You needn’t worry about how to pay for your braces, especially if you qualify for state aid programs like CHIP.
Why you need braces near me?
Braces near me are not merely for vanity. They are an effective tool in giving you straighter teeth and a properly aligned bite. There are so many other benefits that come with braces, too.
Start by finding the right orthodontist near me who offers a variety of treatment options and can treat adults and children, if that is important to you. Some families want to be able to get their braces all done together. When searching for an orthodontist who can provide you with your braces near me, ask to see their before and after photos so you can get a good idea of what your smile might look like when your orthodontic treatment is all done.
Another factor to consider is what kind of experience other patients have had. By reading reviews and testimonials from happy clients you can get a true idea of what the office staff is like, how creative the orthodontist is in fixing your dental issues, and how flexible the office is at making –and keeping- appointments. Great customer service is crucial no matter what industry you need help from, and orthodontics is no different.
Convenient Saturday options are another factor to consider. You will want to keep every one of your appointments and that means making them at times that work for you. Later appointments during the week or weekend appointments make that so much easier for you. That means you won’t have to take time off from work and miss a crucial meeting –or, if you are paid by the hour, wages. And it means you won’t have to take your kids out of school to make their appointments.
Plus, many orthodontists offer flexible payment options that help you be able to afford your braces.
Advantages of braces near me
So why choose braces? Put simply, braces work. Having braces means you can help protect your teeth for life, but there is so much more that goes with a healthy mouth. For instance, when your teeth are properly aligned, you can actually have fewer headaches. How so you might wonder? When your teeth and jaws align, there is a lot less stress on your temporomandibular joint, or TMJ where your lower jaw meets the upper jaw.
Another benefit of straight teeth is that your teeth will wear correctly so your enamel is protected. That helps ward off tooth decay and cavities, thus keeping you from needing a lot of fillings or even tooth extractions. That makes braces a big part of your dental care routine.
Paying for braces near me
The cost of braces can be daunting, but there are a variety of ways that you can pay for them. One of the biggest factors that goes into the cost of the braces is the type you choose. We’ll look at those in a little bit.
Here are some of the ways you can pay for your braces:
- Dental insurance. Dental insurance plans are improving how much coverage they provide for orthodontia, especially for adults. But for many teens and kids, there is increased coverage so you can get your kids set up with a great smile for life.
- CHIP, or Children’s Health Insurance Program can also provide some coverage for kids or teens who need braces near me.
- Credit card. One other way to pay for your braces is with a credit card. It can be a great option to finance your braces near me without having to try to adjust your budget each month to accommodate a payment plan.
- Payment plans. You can think of a payment plan as an interest-free loan that you can use to pay for your braces with equal payments every month.
Types of braces near me
There are several kinds of braces that you can choose from to straighten teeth. All of the types of braces can help you achieve straighter teeth and aligned jaws. Be sure to ask your orthodontist about which one will be best for you.
- Traditional metal braces. Traditional braces are the most affordable braces and also usually the fastest type of orthodontia. They affix to the front of the teeth with adhesive and an arch wire. They are the best choice for kids because of their durability.
- Ceramic braces. These are great for teens and adults who want an effective treatment type paired with better aesthetics. The ceramic looks almost invisible next to the teeth except for the wire. And, since they are designed much like the metal ones, they are nearly as effective. The downside to them is that they can stain if you eat fruits like blackberries or drink a lot of coffee and tea.
- Lingual braces. These are affixed to the back of your teeth so they are invisible to anyone looking at you. You keep your smile and get your teeth straightened at the same time. These are the most expensive, though, due to their complexity.
- Invisalign clear aligners. These clear trays are ideal for adults and teens who want to be able to remove the aligners for talking or eating but still want to have an effective way to move the teeth into their new positions.
Caring for braces
Caring for your oral health while you have braces on is very important. When you have braces you will want to be sure that you keep all of your dentist appointments.
You also need to keep up with your brushing and flossing routine. Some of the best electric toothbrushes are both effective and quite affordable. They do a great job at getting in and around those tiny brackets, removing food particles and plaque so your teeth stay strong and healthy.
Braces near me are important to your oral health. Properly aligned teeth are a crucial part of your overall health and you shouldn’t let paying for them keep you from getting braces. Price can vary depending on the type you get. But with payment plans available at your orthodontist, and a variety of ways to pay for them, braces are a viable option for anyone.
IVANOV Orthodontic Experts, 12866 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami, FL 33181
Call us at (786) 540-1919 to schedule a free orthodontic exam.
Learn more about Your Local Biscayne Park Orthodontist